Supervise the staff within the front desk. Point of contact for billing issues and concerns relating to the location. This is a hands on manager role in a fast pace environment.
- Job duties includes managing Front Desk personnel.
- Helping with Front Desk duties including answering phones, patient check-in/out, appointment scheduling, data input, upfront collections, other duties as needed.
- Monitors and maintains physician schedules.
- Responsible for the coordination of office Surveys.
- Ensure that daily charges are reconciled, cash drawers are balanced, and bank deposits are processed.
- Work collaboratively with the Billing Liaison, ensuring that daily patient collection processes are followed.
- Maintain patient AR reports, monitor a variety of reports pertinent to the Front Desk and Billing Liaison duties.
- Assign job duties and special projects as needed.
- Address staff behavior and productivity issues as needed. Prepare staff daily schedules.
- Complete payroll and time off request for staff, requesting FD coverage from other locations as needed.
- Complete yearly front desk staff reviews and EPIP's.
- Proactively suggest improvements to processes and procedures as well as assist with process improvement projects, and support other management directives as prescribed.
- Maintain the equipment in surrounding area (copiers, phones, cc machine, etc)
- Ensures proper communication with the Clinical Office manager as it pertains to open/closing of the office. Location concerns pertaining to maintenance, as well as health issues of patients.
- Communicate to the Director of Billing daily/weekly pertinent information regarding personnel, projects, activities, updates, additional tasks, and other situations that may impact the department or the company.
- Respond to patient and insurance inquiries regarding submitted claims and outstanding accounts.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Specific to Wills location, oversee Fellows billing practices; hold regular training meetings for incoming Fellows.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Technical Skills - Microsoft Office, Navinet, ICD 9&10
- Problem Solving / Analysis - Creative problem solving within defined acceptable parameters. Identifies and resolves problems in a timely fashion.
- Customer Service- superior listening skills, professional demeanor and appropriate firmness.
- Conflict Resolution- responds promptly to customer needs. Ability to handle difficult patient interactions relative to sensitive billing issues.
- Detail Oriented - ensure proper procedures, protocol and processes are complied with consistently.
- Strong Interpersonal Skills- Works effectively with patients, employees and physicians.
- Creative problem solving within defined acceptable parameters.
- Time Management- maintains high volume productivity level for essential functions.
- Ethical Conduct - Maintains confidentiality.
- Organizational Skills - Able to prioritize tasks based on urgency, maintain to-do list and organize tasks, knowing when to ask for assistance based on workload.
- Leadership - Inspires and motivates others, fostering teamwork and helping to build relationships while focus the team on results.
Manages all front desk staff at assigned location(s).
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk, communicate verbally in front of groups, 1:1 and over the telephone and in email. The employee will also be required to engage in interactive communication with employees, typically hearing and reading / responding to their emails.
This is largely a sedentary role; however, some filing is required. This would require the ability to lift files, bend and reach open filing cabinets and bend or stand on a stool as necessary.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Occasional overtime may be required as job duties demand.
Approximately 50% or less travel is required for this position.
Required Education and Experience
- Minimum two years experience and strong knowledge of medical billing/accounts receivable required.
- Experience with CPT, ICD9, Microsoft Office Suite, required.
- Excellent customer service skills and attention to detail a must.
MAR is a proud Equal Opportunity Employer.