Wow! You just found your dream job! Join Team MAR for great pay, company funded profit sharing PLUS 401k, vacation time, semi-annual bonuses and an awesome team of physicians and staff to work with!
Proactive patient contact to resolve accounts receivable open items. Act as customer service representative for all staff and patient billing related issues. Oversee workflow and accuracy of front desk functions.
- Regular and predictable on-site attendance required.
- Contact patients prior to clinical visit to insure their awareness of and discuss their readiness and ability to pay any outstanding balance.
- Act as customer service representative in person or by telephone for any patient questions about his/her account.
- Oversee workflow of front desk function by ensuring completion of patient demographic verifications, insurance verifications, receipt of referral information, timely charge entry, and timely collection of co-pays and patient balances.
- Ensure daily reconciliation of daily tally logs and cash bank.
- Maintain up to date billing knowledge of insurance carriers to be a resource for patients and other front desk staff.
- Ensure routine billing tasks at check in and check out follow prescribed procedures and protocol.
- Serve as a training resource for front desk staff as it relates to billing customer service, MAR billing procedures, and systems billing concerns.
- Travel to satellite offices to provide service as front desk staff as applicable.
- Maintain availability for flexible work schedule when needed with little or no advance notice.
- Act as back up to front desk and lead front desk functions when needed
- Other duties as assigned
- Technical Skills - Microsoft Office, Navinet, ICD 9&10
- Problem Solving / Analysis - Creative problem solving within defined acceptable parameters. Identifies and resolves problems in a timely fashion.
- Customer Service- superior listening skills, professional demeanor and appropriate firmness.
- Conflict Resolution- responds promptly to customer needs. Ability to handle difficult patient interactions relative to sensitive billing issues.
- Detail Oriented - ensure proper procedures, protocol and processes are complied with consistently.
- Strong Interpersonal Skills- Works effectively with patients, employees and physicians.
- Creative problem solving within defined acceptable parameters.
- Time Management- maintains high volume productivity level for essential functions.
- Ethical Conduct - Maintains confidentiality.
- Organizational Skills - Able to prioritize tasks based on urgency, maintain to-do list and organize tasks, knowing when to ask for assistance based on workload.
- Leadership - Inspires and motivates others, fostering teamwork and helping to build relationships while focus the team on results.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
This position has no direct supervisory responsibilities, but does serve as a coach and mentor for other positions in the department.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk, communicate verbally in front of groups, 1:1 and over the telephone and in email. The employee will also be required to engage in interactive communication with employees, typically hearing and reading / responding to their emails.
This is largely a sedentary role; however, some filing is required. This would require the ability to lift files, bend and reach open filing cabinets and bend or stand on a stool as necessary.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Occasional overtime may be required as job duties demand.
Approximately 10% or less travel is required for this position.
Required Education and Experience
- Minimum two years experience and strong knowledge of medical billing/accounts receivable required.
- Experience with CPT, ICD9 & 10, Microsoft Office Suite, required.
- Excellent customer service skills and attention to detail a must.
MAR is a proud Equal Opportunity Employer.